Monday, January 14, 2008

Pondering the Big Move

Today, Ken turned in our memo to the apartment office notifying them of our intent to move out in February. This, along with other items related to the move, has been hitting me kind of hard lately. I'm very sad to think about leaving our little apartment. We haven't lived here very long (as those of you who've been following this blog know), and this was our first home together. When we leave, Ken will stay at his sister's house, renting it for a while, and I'll go back to B-N to stay with people and then will go with him to that house or someplace else. While we'll still be together, we won't have our little apartment home anymore. Everything will be packed up for the most part, and it'll be a while before we find a home of our own again together like this.

This weekend, as I was doing laundry and working on the diss, I could not help but think that this was one of our last few weekends together like this in our home. Soon, I'll go back to my weekends alone in B-N and he'll be with family in Iowa (an ironic reversal when you think about how we lived like that for years when I was in Iowa with family and he was alone in Illinois). Even though I know they're changes that will be good eventually, I think I'm sad about leaving what we've built here together.

I'm also nervous about the possibility of Ken getting called up again. It could happen as early as this year, which means even more changes. Again, something that makes this time together all the more precious and important.

No comments: