Monday, January 28, 2008

Last Monday in January

I am having a terrible time getting motivated to work on my diss today, well, all weekend in fact. I spent all day last Friday finishing my seventh revision of my Methodology chapter. I sent it along to the "Director" with grand hopes that it will be at least closer to what he wants this time. I also finished revising chapter 4 from my second reader's comments, which weren't that bad. Today, I'm supposed to be working on revising chapter 5 from the Director's comments, but I just am not into it. I think it's because I can now see piles and piles of boxes behind me in my home office -- signs that moving day is quickly approaching. I feel like I should be doing something to get ready for that, but the truth is that I've done about all I can at this point.

I'm dreading receiving my chapter 6 (analysis) chapter back from the Director (if I ever really do get it back from him...in a timely manner at least). His comments on chs 4 & 5 were so minimal that I'm afraid he's saving it all up for ch. 6 and the conclusion. I don't even want to advertise that I have a full draft of the thing done for fear it will jinx me with several revisions to the last chapters. I just have this feeling that I wasn't "analtical" enough in the analysis to pass.

I have some pictures from our weekend, but really need to get back to the diss chapter now. Maybe I'll be able to get some of those up here later.

No comments: