Thursday, January 24, 2008

Frozen eyeballs

So it's cold out here in IL. Really cold. According to the weather channel, it's 6 degrees out (-2 with wind chill). Though I'm nice and toasty now sitting inside with my cocoa, I got to experience that cold first-hand as I walked from the train station to the CTLT. It was brutal this morning. By the time I got to the Williams Hall area, by eyeballs were fighting the freeze. They had started watering, which, of course, led to my eyelashes freezing. It's an interesting feeling to blink and hear a slight crunching sound. I stopped in Williams to thaw out and then had to stop again in Fell to thaw once more before making the last trek to the CTLT. Thankfully, Claire (as well as many others) have offered to drive me to the station for my return trip. There are good people here.

Not much else happening. I received comments from reader #2 on chapters 1 and 4 with minimal revision suggestions, so I'm pleased. I'm still waiting for reader #3 to get back to me on those same chapters. This weekend, I plan to get back into chapter 3 and hopefully send what will be the 7th draft of that horrid beast to the Director. Then I'll focus on making the revisions I received from reader #2 on chapter 4 and the revisions I received from the Director on chapter 5. I'm also waiting for the Director to get back to me with comments on chapter 6. Confused yet? I am.

Tonight after coming home on the train, I need to clean the apt a bit. The guy from the moving company is supposed to come tomorrow morning to look over our stuff and ascertain how big of a truck/how many boxes/etc. we'll need for the move. It seems to be coming together, I guess. I started moving some things to Claire's for my own stay. I'm trying to do a little bit each week so as not to have a lot at once, but that's hard to do when I still need many of my things. We now have to focus on changing addresses for all things and canceling gas, electric, cable, etc. I hate that part.

No comments: