Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter with the Family








Here's a little shot of the kitties. I took these over spring break when I was back in Iowa. As you can see, Artemus is quite at home in his chair with the purr pad while Tucker is content hiding in his pop-up tent.

I spent Easter weekend with Ken, Lisa and Matt, and Ken's dad and Evelyn at Lisa and Matt's house in Shannon, IL. I was supposed to get some heavy duty revision done on Friday morning before I left so that I could have a more carefree weekend. I did get up and start working around 7:30 that morning, but by 9, Lisa had called to say that the weather was supposed to turn nasty pretty quick. So, I put the finishing touches on my revisions to chs 3 and 4, ran up to campus to print, and then delivered to the mailboxes of the readers. Well, I got at least one thing accomplished. I had wanted to get more done on ch. 5, but that had to wait until today.

While in Shannon, we had quite the relaxing weekend. Ken showed me pictures of places he's been viewing for us to rent. I have to give that boy some credit -- he's really doing a lot of leg work looking for places while I'm in Illinois. We also went to an Easter mass; the second of my lifetime. And to be honest, I think that one will do me for quite a while. It lasted over 2 hours!!! Can you believe it? Now, those of you who me, probably know that I'm a Lutheran. If a Lutheran church service lasts more than 50 minutes to an hour, we get freaked. Suffice it to say that by hour 1.25, I didn't think I'd make it! But, Ken's been a trooper and has come to church with Mom and me in Iowa, so I thought I'd do my part and head to mass with him, his Dad, Evelyn and Matt (Lisa was MIA due to a pretty nasty cold...Lucky woman.).

After church, we came home (9:45 PM) and had a little dessert. I experimented with a recipe that I'd heard of for something called Dump Cake. Basically, it's a couple of layers of cake separated by pudding with cool whip and crushed cookies on top. It actually turned out pretty good. Next time, I'm making it with strawberries and cream I think. This was an experiment for Ken, so I let him pick what he wanted in it. Then, after that, Ken and Matt had the pleasure of doing dishes while the rest of us watched. It's a good life. Notice that Matt wasted no time getting into his comfy pants after the service. Ken, my boy, is still looking sharp as always.

My drive back home was interesting. On the way down I-39, it snowed, the sun shone, then it snowed, then there were white out conditions, then the sun shone, then it hailed, then it got dark and did nothing. Happy Spring Everyone!

No comments: