Monday, November 19, 2007

Somewhere between the Moon and NYC

Here I am home again after a lovely (but exhausting) few days in New York City. I was there for the National Writing Project conference, and as a bonus, my mom and sister Melissa accompanied me. I spent 1.5 days "conferencing" while they went sightseeing. After that, we were able to see so many things together. This makes my third official trip to NYC, twice this year alone! Oy! This time Ken got to stay home and "hold down the fort," as my dad used to say.

Here are a few pictures for you to enjoy. This first one is of Melissa and me outside Rockefeller Plaza. Here we were able to see the huge Christmas tree, the ice rink, and NBC studios. The tre wasn't lit yet and had all the scaffolding on it as it was being trimmed, but we got to see how big it really is.

Here is a self-taken close up of my mom and I at Radio City Music Hall. We treated ourselves to a night of watching the Rockette's Christmas Spectacular show -- very impressive! Of course, all the shows in the theatre district were on strike, so the place was pretty crowded. Inside the main entrance was an enormoust crystal Christmas Tree -- swarvoski crystal, I believe. Melissa seemed to know what it was and that it was a big deal. It's the same fancy foo-foo crystal they use to make the star at the top of the Rockefeller center tree.


Of course, then we saw the Rocketts themselves.

And what would a trip to NYC be without a run up to the top of the Empire State Building? Run, ok, not so much. But how about an hour's wait for an elevator ride up to the top? Mom kept talking about Sleepless in Seattle on the way up there. I think she secretly hoped Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan would be up at the top (Big Sleepless movie fan).


I have many more pictures to share, but I'm running out of time right now. Ken'll be home from work soon and we're headed to IA for a very busy holiday week. Will share more about that later and I'll try to get more pictures up as soon as I can.

Hope everyone has a good holiday! Talk to you again soon.

Marcy


No comments: