Sunday, December 2, 2007

December Snow, wait...Sleet...wait...Rain? Blegh.

December is here and with it comes what was supposed to be our first winter storm of the season. Ken picked me up from the train station Friday night and we decided we better get some groceries before the "big storm" hit. We got home by 9 p.m. and were feeling pretty good about ourselves about being so prepared. I was excited for the storm because I love those times when you know a storm is going to hit and so you know you're going to be able to hunker down inside and just enjoy the fact that you don't have to go anywhere.

Saturday morning comes along and it starts snowing lightly, then a little heavier, and then stops. Stops? Where was my storm? Then came the freezing rain which lasted most of the day. That was kind of interesting to watch, but I wanted to see snow, piles of snow. Still, we stayed inside most of the day and even put up our Christmas decorations so the place looks cozy. Today, however, the temperature is up and it's just cold and rainy. On the plus side, all the ice that was on our cars has melted thanks to the "warmer" rain. I still would have liked to have my snow storm.

As this is our first weekend home together in a long time, we are enjoying getting projects done. We've been going through our stuff gathering things to get rid of (give to Goodwill or something) and things to take home and leave there. I spent some time editing yesterday and today will work on the diss again. Ken's in the dining room working on who-knows-what. He just came in here and asked for a calculator, so there must be math involved.

All that said, I guess I should stop putting off working on my diss chapter.

No comments: