Saturday, August 4, 2007

The Move In Continues

This weekend finds us continuing to unpack and make ourselves at home. Ken is working steadily on his boxes and his latest project is making good use of our exterior storage closet which is located on our little patio area. Here he is giving me the "all good" sign (though there is still a lot of work to be done).





My project has been cleaning off the bed in the guest bedroom/office. I seriously need to start working on various school projects (and eventually get back to that diss), but I'm kind of a freak who needs things organized before I can get into writing or working. Yesterday, I spent some time working on cleaning out the office area and making it seem cleaner.



This morning, we tried out our apt complex's workout facility and found it more than adequate. There are 2 treadmills, 2 elliptical machines, 2 bikes, 1 stairmaster, and various weight machines and freeweights. We can see the pool from the weight room and it looks very inviting when one is all sweaty and gross.

I did have to deal with some maintenance issues yesterday as well. We seem to have some very persistent wasps out on our patio. We've knocked down their nest and sprayed, but they keep rebuilding. Yesterday, the maintenance man, Joshua (who informed me he is allergic to stinging insects), did an excellent job of sealing the wasp hangout and spraying. There are 1-2 confused wasps still wandering around, but it seems like we may have turned the others away. Good news - our ice maker is also now working. What a luxury, I tell you!



Ok - I need to get some real work done this morning.

1 comment:

Rachild said...

I'm just getting caught up on the blog. The new place looks cute!