Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Too much for one day...Part 1

NOTE: I actually wrote this quote a while ago -- I just forgot to post it.


Yesterday, what a day. It started off just fine. The excitement of election day...going in early to get some grading done before class (and almost feeling caught up on grading for the first time in about 3 months)...and then...it all began.

I got to work at about 6:25 a.m. It's dark. It's raining. It's cold. The parking lot is empty except for me. My class begins at 7:30 a.m. so I am there to finish some grading, check email, get ready for the day. I walk up to the door of the building carrying my book bag, carrying my lunch, carrying my purse, and carrying my umbrella. When I get to the building, I discover it's locked. Locked. Again. Sigh. You see, we (faculty) used to have keys to get into the building, but when the building was remodeled this summer, they changed the way that we get in the locked building -- now we use scan our IDs to get into out offices and we're supposed to be able to do the same to get in the building. Yet, here it is November and my ID still won't let me in.

No worries though. I can call Public Safety to let me in, which I do.

No comments: