Monday, January 10, 2011

Resolutions for 2011

The first day of classes is done. Overall, I have to say it went pretty well. I'm excited to say that I should be getting a new HP tablet laptop which will make grading in a paperless fashion much easier! That should arrive in a couple of weeks...or whenever the school orders it. One of my goals for the semester is to try to reduce the paper used in my classes. The laptop will help with this because it has a stylus feature that will allow me to actually "write" on the paper and save it for students. I've done this by placing all reading quizzes online. Now I just need to get the students to remember to get on there and do them.

Here are my other goals for 2011 -- some are work-related and some aren't.

1. Be more ahead in my course planning and in my grading.
2. Walk 3 times a week-- MWF mornings -- for at least 30 minutes on the treadmill.
3. Take a multivitamin every day.

So far, I am pleased to say that I am doing good on all of them. I tried to set my resolutions to be very manageable this year and not to say "I want to lose 70 pounds" or something like that which will discourage me early on. I started the walking at the end of December so it wasn't like I had to get going on Jan. 1. Even though it was the first day of classes, I managed to get up at 5 and walk.

Not much else new here. Another day of first classes for the Writing II students tomorrow. I have several in my Writing II class who were in my Writing I last semester. I hope that is a good thing. Sometimes it can go either way. More on that later.

No comments: