Monday, April 21, 2008

Defense Day

Defense Day. What a terrible sounding name. It feels like I have to defend the last five years of my education today in one short period of time just so that I can graduate. I was getting pretty nervous last night, but woke up this morning feeling ok. My plan today is to read through the entire diss agin (Oy veh, I'm so sick of that thing) and review 1 more article that I want to have fresh in my mind. I'm not going into work at the CTLT today as I would normally do. I actually went in for a few extra hours on Friday, so I'm taking my time back today. I'll be sure to post something about the process and the results.

I did finally get my DC pictures off of my camera. And while I don't have a lot of time to spend playing with those and posting them on here, I thought I'd put up a few nices ones. The above picture is Ken and me along the tidal basin. As you can see, the cherry blossoms were once again blooming as nice as can be.
The picture on the right was taken using my camera's self timer while Mom, Ken and I were at the Jefferson Memorial. As you can see, the cherry blossoms and the Washington Monument are in the background. There's a tent and stage being set up for the cherry blossom festival music. Okay, I guess I should put off rereading my diss and actually get down to thinking about what's going to happen today. Remember...send me positive thoughts at 2:00 pm CST today!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy thoughts will be coming your way for sure... But you don't need it, you'll do great!!!! Way to go!! Keep us Posted!! Melissa

Brad Smith said...

GL Marcy. You'll do great. The cherry blossums are really pretty. They've just started to bloom out here as well, though, we just had a frost last night. Hopefully, they're okay.