Saturday, March 17, 2012

Back Yard Bonanza!

Spring Break is just about over, but I am happy to report it was a good one! No, we didn't go anywhere this year, and that is fine. With so much traveling coming up for both Ken and me in the next two weeks, it was nice to just hang at home.

The weather was beautiful -- almost 70-75 degrees everyday!  And that's in March! It was very reminiscent of the 2009 March weather during our wedding. Crazy.  We spent almost every day outside in the back yard doing projects. Things we accomplished: dug old tree stump out of space behind the garage, laid brick path in space left by removing old stump,  trimmed dead limbs, pulled out old leaves and sticks from flower beds, and pulled out stones from pond area. I also pulled out some old cinder blocks that were buried in a flower garden in the middle/back of the yard. I plan to plant a bunch of "hummingbird friendly" flowers there in April.

Now, sad as I am that break is almost over, I'm more sad that I haven't done any grading over break. I got out my laptop this afternoon with the explicit purpose of doing that now, but I found myself playing on eBay for the past hour or so. I guess it's time to face the music and realize play time is over. On the plus side...only about 6 weeks left until the semester is over!  Then it's back in the back yard for more play time!

No comments: