Friday, March 19, 2010

Happy Anniversary to Me

One year married. I spent my first wedding anniversary in Illinois with my sis-in-law Lisa. We had a girls' weekend shopping and dining in the suburbs of Illinois. It was a lovely trip and we had so many laughs. Seriously, both of our faces hurt by the last day from laughing and smiling so much. It was a wonderful trip and a much-needed pick-me-up. Maybe this will become my anniversary tradition? I suppose I could include Ken in the plans; after all, we did miss him and Matt carrying our shopping bags back to the car during our shopping extravaganza.

I would like to thank everyone for their lovely anniversary cards and gifts: Terry and Melissa, Lynsey and Jeremy, Cletus and Evelyn, Katie and Ben, Klein family, and Jim and Sharon. You all made me so happy! I never remember anyone's anniversary, so the thought that you all remembered me made my day extra special.

Spring break is almost over, and after a week of beautiful 60-degree weather, it's snowing outside. SNOWING! Okay, so you know I like snow, but this is ridiculous. I was outside in my bare feet yesterday and now I'm wrapped in a blanket shivering in the house. (I refuse to turn the heat up!)

Over break, I managed to complete my very first quilt! Will post pictures soon. I'm super excited to say that I'm an official quilter now. I can't wait to begin my next one, but that will probably have to wait until the semester's over.

Here's one picture that is from home. Here is my cat Artemus in my bed. This is what happens when I try to make the bed and one cat in particular is not ready to get up. Solution: Make the bed around him and leave it at that.


And here is a closeup:

No comments: