Sunday, October 25, 2009

Birthday Celebrations

I guess it's been a while since I've posted on here. Things are in full swing around here with work and other obligations. I feel like I hardly had time to have a birthday, but I did. Oct. 20 was my 32 birthday. Hard to believe in one way, but the number didn't really phase me. 31 was the hard one for me, as I think 35 or 36 will be later. The people in my office at work think I'm just a baby, so that makes me feel younger too. I spent the day teaching, but only had two classes, so that was nice. I also received flowers, one plant from friends Jeff and Kelly, and my usual monthly rose bouquet from Ken. Lovely!

That evening, I went to dinner at one of the very nice Italian restaurants in town called My Verona. I haven't been there so it was a real treat to try it. Melissa, Audra, Nadia and I had a wonderful time, and Nadia treated me to a luscious and very decadent dessert! She insisted on getting a picture of me blowing out the candle.

I also received some birthday Beef & Noodle soup from grandma, which is the best! She made me three containers full: one to eat that week and two to freeze. In all, a wonderful birthday. I was sad Ken couldn't be here, but he will be here in the years to come. Now it's back to grading those piles of papers stacked on my kitchen table.


No comments: