Sunday, March 22, 2009

After 8 years...a wedding!

The wedding was beautiful and just the way we wanted it: simple and elegant. The ceremony lasted all of 15 minutes (Lutheran, naturally) and the reception at the ballroom at UNI was lovely. It was so good to see so many of our friends and family there -- many of whom traveled a great deal to be there. Thanks to you all for coming and helping to make our day special!

Here are a couple of pictures from the day shared with me from various friends/relatives who had cameras. If anyone else took pictures, I'd love to have copies! It's so hard not being able to take my own pictures. We'll get the proofs from the photographer in a week or so, but I love the candids that people take.



After the big day, Ken and I headed off for a little mini-honeymoon. Our official honeymoon will be in Hawaii after he comes back from Iraq in 2010, but in the mean time, we both agreed it would be nice to get out of town for a bit. We drove out to South Dakota and visited the Black Hills and Mt. Rushmore. I'll post pictures from that trip in a separate blog.

In short, it was a lovely wedding, reception, and trip afterwards. Now we have the grand task of writing all those Thank Yous. All I can say about that right now is that we're working on them and we will get them out soon!

No comments: