Friday, September 14, 2007

Sumo Kitty and Me

Well, it's my first weekend hanging at the place by myself. Ken's off to play Army in Wisconsin so it's just Sumo Kitty and me. (Sumo Kitty is Ken's new name for Tucker thanks in part to the "Fat Kitty" blog posting). Last night I was watching reruns of The Office on TV and it was the episode where they go to the Beach and Michael wants to figure out who'll replace him. Of course Dwight and what's-his-name were in the Sumo outfits. I just kept thinking of Sumo Kitty. If only they made little Sumo Halloween coustumes for pets!

So far, so good for the weekend. Today I've spent the whole day in front of the computer working on various projects (the diss mostly) even though it's an amazing fall day outside -- cool and breezy. I've had the wondows open all day and actually got chilly! I love that!

A bad thing about working on the diss is that I can't check it off my list. Each weekend, I make a list of all the things I want/need to get accomplished by Sunday night. This was something I started when I came to the Ph.D. program (maybe I even did it in my MA program, but I can't remember). It seems like I always have so many little things to do, so I started writing them down and checking them off as the weekend goes by. It makes me feel good to be able to check something off. I was able to check off one item this morning: my lesson plan for the ReadWriteThink website. Every weekend, I put "Work on Diss" on the list, but I never feel that I can check that off. There's just never a feeling of being "done" even though I worked on it.

Not much on the radar for the weekend. Matt & Lisa may be coming out on Saturday for a wine tasting in Naperville. I hope the weather is just like today. I'll be happy to wear fall clothes again.

No comments: